Formerly known as the Lorraine Apartments and the Lorraine Hotel, this 10 story complex was once one of Philadelphia’s most luxurious residences. Built between 1892 and 1894, the Lorraine Apartments boasted such amenities as electricity, a central kitchen, and full staff to eliminate the need for personal servants. The building was sold to Father Divine in 1948, who turned it into the first fully integrated hotel in the city of Philadelphia.

Created by Sarah Perez, Perfect Tucker,  and Sarah Brooks Wilson.


Nearby